The Chevening Scholarship, currently open for applications, presents a golden opportunity for international students to embark on their study adventure in the United Kingdom. In this Chevening Scholarships Application Guide, we will delve into the details of this prestigious scholarship, its numerous benefits, and provide a step-by-step guide on the application process.
Exploring the Chevening Scholarship
The Chevening Scholarship is a highly sought-after fully funded master’s scholarship designed for international students. It offers a wide range of advantages, including coverage of university tuition fees, a generous monthly living allowance, an economy class return airfare to the UK, and additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenses.
Empowering Future Leaders and Influencers
Chevening provides a distinctive opportunity for future leaders and influencers from around the world to enhance their professional and academic growth. This esteemed scholarship enables recipients to network extensively, immerse themselves in the vibrant UK culture, and forge long-lasting and mutually beneficial connections with the United Kingdom. As the international awards program of the UK government, Chevening aims to foster global leaders, and approximately 1,500 scholarships are offered worldwide.
Unveiling the Two Types of Chevening Awards
Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations, Chevening bestows two types of awards: Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships. These awards are granted based on personal selection by British embassies and high commissions throughout the world.
Overview of the Chevening Scholarship
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): UK Universities
- Study in: UK
- Elevate Your Career with Full-Time Taught Master’s Degree Programs
- Program Period: Varies based on the selected program but does not exceed one year for postgraduate courses
- Chevening Scholarship Deadline: November 1, 2023
Embracing the Benefits of the Chevening Scholarships Application Guide
The Chevening Scholarship offers the following benefits to its recipients:
- University tuition fees
- A monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- A homeward departure allowance
- The cost of one visa application
- Get a Travel Grant for Attending Chevening Events in the UK
Meeting the Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for the esteemed Chevening Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Citizens of Chevening-eligible countries can explore scholarship opportunities. Refer to the official website for a complete list of eligible countries.
- Return to Your Country: Commit to returning to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after the completion of your scholarship.
- Candidates must have completed an undergraduate degree to qualify for Chevening Scholarships. The typical requirement is an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK, but criteria may vary depending on the chosen course and university.
- Work Experience: Possess a minimum of two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three eligible UK university courses and secure an unconditional offer from one of them by July 13, 2023.
Please note that you are ineligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) status and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Citizens of Chevening-eligible countries holding refugee status in another eligible country remain eligible to apply for Chevening Scholarships.
- To qualify for Chevening Scholarships, applicants must not be current or former employees of Her Majesty’s Government, or have close relatives* who worked for the government within the past two years from the opening of Chevening applications. This includes British embassies/high commissions, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defence, the Home Office, and the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Application Process for the Chevening Scholarship
To apply for the esteemed Chevening Scholarship, please follow these instructions:
- Choose your country from the provided list on the official Chevening website.
- Create an account.
- Fill in your profile with accurate personal information, save the data, and validate your profile to proceed.
- Complete the eligibility quiz to ensure your suitability for the scholarship.
- Fill out the application form with the required details and prepare the following documents:
- Completed education documents
- English language qualification
- Conditional offers for up to three proposed courses of study
- Unconditional offers for up to three proposed courses of study (at least one unconditional offer must be uploaded by July 13, 2023)
- References (if invited for an interview, you will be requested to upload two references)
- Passport/ID document
- Submit your completed application.
Visit the Official Website for More Information
For additional details about the prestigious Chevening Scholarships and to access the application portal, please visit the official website.
Official Website: Chevening Scholarships