The Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24 in the UK represent a golden opportunity for the brightest minds hailing from Commonwealth countries. This fully-funded UK scholarship paves the way for students to hone their skills and enrich their knowledge in their chosen fields, unburdened by financial constraints. Beyond personal growth, the core mission of this Commonwealth scholarship is to foster peace and stimulate economic stability within low and middle-income nations. Furthermore, it aspires to uplift the less fortunate from Commonwealth nations, offering them a chance to shine on a global stage.
The Sponsors of Excellence
The Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship 2024 receives generous funding from the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), with a primary focus on sustainable development in both lower and upper-middle-income countries. In the current year, the Commonwealth grant is available across six vital themes spanning science and technology, global prosperity, crisis management, health systems, and opportunities for all. These overarching themes are strategically designed to inspire individuals to actively participate in shaping a brighter future. Moreover, the alumni of the Commonwealth form a closely-knit community network that fosters enduring connections among current and former scholars.
Key Information for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24 in the UK
Host Country: United Kingdom
Host University: UK Universities
Financed by: The United Kingdom’s Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)
Degree Level: Master’s Degree Programs
Benefits of the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24:
- Return Air Ticket: The scholarship includes a return air ticket for selected candidates.
- Full Tuition Fees: All tuition fees are covered by the scholarship.
- Monthly Stipend: Recipients receive a monthly stipend of £1,347 or £1,652.
- Warm Cloth Allowance: A warm cloth allowance is provided.
- Thesis/Dissertation Support: The cost of the thesis or dissertation is covered.
- Study Travel Grants: Students receive study travel grants, whether within or outside the UK.
- Support for Parents: If candidates are widowed, divorced, or single parents, the scholarship provides £576.61 for the first child and £143 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16.
- Additional Allowance for Disabilities
List of Countries Eligible for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023:
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- The Gambia
Eligibility Criteria for the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24:
- Applicants should either be citizens or refugees from eligible Commonwealth nations.
- Applicants must hold permanent residency in eligible Commonwealth countries.
- Applicants must be available for study in the UK by the start of the UK academic calendar in September 2024.
- Applicants must provide all required documents in the specified format. For detailed eligibility criteria, visit the official website.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship 2023/24?
- Candidates must apply through one of the designated nominating bodies, either National Nominating Agencies or Non-Governmental Organizations and Charitable Bodies.
- Please note that direct applications not following the above-mentioned routes will not be accepted.
- Each nominating body may have distinct eligibility criteria, so applicants should carefully review the requirements of their nominating body.
- Applications must be submitted through the CSC online application system.
- It is essential that reference letters are submitted directly by referees, who will receive an email for reference letter submission.
Commonwealth Scholarship Application Deadline:
The application deadline for this prestigious scholarship opportunity is October 17, 2023. Seize this chance to unlock a world of possibilities and make a lasting impact on your future and your nation’s development. Apply today and embark on a journey of knowledge, growth, and global connections with the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24 in the UK.