Germany’s exceptional education system lures international students seeking superior academic opportunities and global exposure. With its world-class universities and diverse academic programs, Germany offers a unique learning experience. One of the key factors that attract students from around the globe is the availability of scholarships, such as the DAAD Scholarships for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses. Discover the significance of DAAD Scholarships and how they empower students to achieve their educational goals.
Host Institutions and Fields of Study
DAAD Scholarships in Germany are available for a wide range of development-related postgraduate courses offered by German universities. The fields of study include:
- Economic Sciences, Business Administration, and Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences, Education, and Law
- Media Studies
To explore the complete list of postgraduate courses and their application deadlines for the years 2023/24 and 2024/25, please visit the official DAAD website.
Scholarship Details and Duration
Take advantage of this limited opportunity and secure one of the scholarships available. The DAAD scholarships offer the following benefits:
- Graduates receive a monthly stipend of 861 euros, while doctoral candidates receive 1,200 euros.
- Financial support for health, accident, and personal liability insurance coverage.
- For the DAAD scholarship, the travel allowance is typically provided unless it is already covered by your home country or another funding source.
The duration of the DAAD scholarship varies depending on the specific program you are applying for.
- Master’s programs last between 12 to 24 months, depending on the specific institution.
- PhD programs have a duration of 42 months.
To qualify for the DAAD scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently employed by a public authority, state, or private company in a developing country, actively engaged in the planning and implementation of development policies in technological, economic, or social areas.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject, typically completed within four years.
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievements, ranking in the upper third of your academic cohort.
- Possess at least two years of relevant professional experience after obtaining your first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
- Academic Degrees: Must Not Exceed Six-Year Limit
- For courses taught in German, you must provide proof of passing the DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 language examination before starting the study course. Additionally, you must have a minimum German language proficiency level of B1 at the time of application, supported by a certificate.
- For courses taught in English, you need to provide evidence of sufficient language skills based on the requirements of the respective courses.
Application Process and Deadlines
To apply for the DAAD scholarship, visit the official websites of the courses you’re interested in. Access the application form, learn about the procedure, submission deadlines, and required documents. Deadlines range from August to October 2023, varying by course.
Before submitting your DAAD scholarship application, it is strongly advised to thoroughly read the FAQs and the 2024/2025 brochure provided on the official DAAD website. Gain valuable insights and valuable information to ensure a successful application.
Ready to Advance Your Academic and Professional Growth? Apply for the DAAD Scholarship Now!
Invest in your future with a Master’s or PhD degree in Germany through the DAAD scholarships. Don’t miss out on this life-changing opportunity!