The United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023/2024 offers a unique opportunity for government officials and mid-level professionals to pursue advanced training in the field of ocean affairs and the law of the sea. This prestigious fellowship program, organized by the Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea of the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs, aims to support individuals from developing states in acquiring expertise in marine science and management frameworks.
Why Apply for the UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023/2024?
By participating in the UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023/2024, you will have the chance to collaborate with senior professionals within the United Nations, gain valuable insights into the international legal framework, and familiarize yourself with the organization’s crucial work. The fellowship comprises two distinct phases: a comprehensive three-month training session at the UN Headquarters in New York and a subsequent study phase conducted at a reputable host institution specializing in your specific field of research.
Details of the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023/2024
- Organization: UN–Nippon Foundation
- Host institutions: United Nations Headquarters in New York and various partnering institutions
- Location: New York (training phase) and host institution (study phase)
- Deadline: 8 September 2023
Financial Benefits of the UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship
The UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship provides a comprehensive package of financial benefits to ensure that participants can focus solely on their training and research. The following are the key financial provisions:
- Monthly stipend: Fellows will receive a monthly stipend in accordance with UN rules. The exact amount will be determined by the organization.
- Book allowance: A monthly allowance of $100 will be granted to support the purchase of books and reference materials.
- Local transport or mobility costs: Fellows will receive assistance with local transportation or mobility expenses.
- Return economy class flight ticket: The fellowship covers the cost of a return economy class flight ticket from the fellow’s home country to the United Nations Headquarters.
- Medical insurance: Comprehensive medical insurance coverage will be provided to ensure the well-being and safety of the fellows.
- Accommodation costs: The fellowship includes support for accommodation expenses during both the training phase in New York and the subsequent study phase at the host institution.
Eligibility Criteria for the UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship
The UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship is open to individuals who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Hold a first university degree.
- Government officials or mid-level professionals from government or non-governmental agencies.
- Age between 25 and 40 years.
- Strong ability to undertake advanced academic research and studies.
- Candidates from developing states are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for the UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship
To apply for the Nippon Foundation Fellowship, please follow these steps:
- Complete the application package, ensuring that you provide all the required information.
- Send the completed application package and the necessary documents to the email address: [email protected] (with a copy to [email protected]).
- For detailed information about the fellowship and application process, kindly visit the official website.
Don’t miss this exceptional opportunity to enhance your knowledge and contribute to the field of ocean affairs and the law of the sea. Apply for the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2024 before the deadline on 8 September 2023. For any further inquiries, please refer to the official website or contact the provided email addresses.
Discover new horizons, expand your expertise, and join the global community of ocean professionals through the UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship.