The IAEA Marie-Curie Scholarship Programme stands as a prestigious and empowering initiative aimed at supporting and nurturing qualified young women in the nuclear field. This program annually awards up to 100 carefully selected applicants with scholarships, fostering inclusivity by embracing both men and women in its workforce. By promoting diversity, the program not only contributes to global scientific and technological innovation but also enhances creativity and productivity on a worldwide scale.
- Host Country: Austria
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | €40,000 for Tuition Costs & Living Costs
- Deadline: September 30, 2023
The IAEA Marie-Curie Scholarship Programme offers a prestigious opportunity for qualified young women in the nuclear field. With the host country in Austria, the scholarship allows students to study abroad in Europe, and it covers both postgraduate and Masters programs. The scholarship is open to students from all countries, offering a full scholarship that amounts to €40,000, which covers tuition costs and living expenses. The deadline for application submission is September 30, 2023. It is an excellent chance for aspiring scholars to pursue their academic dreams and excel in the field of nuclear science and technology.
IAEA Marie-Curie Scholarship Details
The IAEA Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship Programme (MSCFP) extends a warm invitation to female students seeking scholarships to pursue Master’s degrees in various nuclear-related disciplines. These disciplines include nuclear science and technology, nuclear safety and security, and non-proliferation.
Selected students will have the prestigious opportunity to enroll in accredited universities offering Master’s programs in nuclear studies. Furthermore, they will be eligible for an IAEA-facilitated internship that can extend for up to 12 months.
Every year, the IAEA awards scholarships to more than 100 students, subject to fund availability. During the selection process, factors such as the applicants’ fields of study, geographical representation, and linguistic diversity are taken into careful consideration.
The fellowship programme welcomes female students from IAEA Member States who have already been accepted or are currently enrolled in a Master’s program at an accredited university. The emphasis is placed on geographic distribution, field of study diversity, and linguistic representation.
Eligibility criteria for the IAEA MSCFP are as follows:
- Female candidates
- Acceptance or enrollment in a Master’s program related to nuclear studies at an accredited university.
- Preference given to applicants with outstanding academic credentials, scoring 75% or above or a GPA greater than 3.0 out of 4.0.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Successful candidates will receive a comprehensive scholarship covering up to €20,000 for tuition costs and up to €20,000 for living expenses during their Master’s program.
- Copy of Passport/National ID
- Official acceptance/admission letter from the university, specifying the nuclear-related field of study and program duration.
- Statement of tuition fees/confirmation of tuition costs.
- To complete the application process for the IAEA Marie-Curie Scholarship Programme, applicants must ensure that they submit the required reference forms. These forms should be sent directly to the following email address: [email protected]. Applicants are required to obtain references from TWO referees. To download the reference form, you can access it by clicking on the link provided here. It is crucial to follow this step to ensure a complete application submission and enhance the chances of being considered for the scholarship.
Please note that all application documents must be submitted in English using the MSCFP online application form. If any documents are originally submitted in a different language, official translations in English must also be included. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Method of Application
If you are interested and meet the qualifications for the IAEA Marie-Curie Scholarship Programme, you can apply by using the link provided below:
Applicants are required to have the reference forms completed by two referees and sent directly to [email protected] (download the form here). For any inquiries about the IAEA Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship Programme, please send an email to the provided address.
The IAEA Marie-Curie Scholarship Programme serves as a beacon of empowerment for women in the nuclear field, offering an incredible opportunity for aspiring female scholars to excel in their academic pursuits, contribute to scientific advancements, and make a lasting impact on the world. By nurturing a diverse and talented pool of professionals, this program ensures a brighter and more inclusive future for the field of nuclear science and technology. Don’t miss this transformative journey; apply today and be a part of shaping a better tomorrow!