NIN Application Guidelines and Requirements for JAMB Candidates: In the realm of academic pursuits, securing your National Identification Number (NIN) is not just a formality; it’s a key that unlocks various doors, especially for those eyeing the 2024 JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Currently, only candidates who have successfully registered and obtained their NINs will be eligible for the 2024 JAMB UTME registration. Emphasizing the urgency of obtaining your NIN cannot be overstated, as a failure to do so may hinder a student’s ability to fulfill essential tasks in schools or NYSC in the upcoming period. This article walks you through the process of NIN Application Guidelines and Requirements, providing essential insights and step-by-step instructions on NIN Application Guidelines and Requirements.
What is NIN?
National Identification Number (NIN) comprises 11 unique, non-intelligible digits assigned to individuals upon enrollment in the National Identity Database (NIDB). Once assigned, it remains exclusive to that individual, ensuring a singular identity link across various records.
Importance of NIN for 2024 JAMB UTME
The significance of obtaining your NIN before the 2024 JAMB UTME cannot be overstated. Failure to do so may hinder your ability to perform crucial tasks in educational institutions or the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in the near future. It’s a proactive measure that guarantees a smoother academic journey.
Checking for Existing NIN
First, Check if you already have a NIN Before diving into the enrollment process, verify if you already have a NIN. Dial *346# on your registered phone to retrieve it. Remember, safeguard this information and avoid sharing it on social media. This service comes at no cost on every Nigerian mobile network.
NIN Registration Process: If you don’t already have
To initiate the NIN registration process, visit the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with essential supporting documents, including but not limited to:
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Letter of Attestation from a Prominent Leader in Your Community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from a religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
Step 2: Registration at an Enrolment Centre
Visit an enrolment centre, bringing along your supporting documents. To expedite the process, download and complete the enrolment form from NIMC’s official website. Follow these steps:
- Visit the enrollment center with your supporting documents.
- Verify your enrollment status through the NIN verification portal.
- Fill the enrolment form or submit the printed Barcode slip if you applied online.
- Crosscheck the form with a NIMC Official for accuracy.
- Input pre-filled information into the NIMC Software or scan the Barcode slip.
- Double-check your information on the applicant monitor.
- Capture biometrics: ten fingerprints and facial image.
- Receive a Transaction ID Slip; NIN issuance is subject to network availability.
- Return within 1-5 working days for NIN collection.
- Receive the National Identification Number (NIN) Slip.
Enrolment is free, and the service operates from Monday to Friday (9 a.m. to 1 p.m.).
- Minor applicants (0-15 years) need parental guidance, bringing an original birth certificate and NIN slip of a Nigerian Parent/Guardian.
- The National e-ID Card is issued to minors once they turn 16.
With your NIN secured, 2024 UTME candidates can seamlessly proceed to generate their JAMB registration profile code. Stay proactive, follow the steps of NIN Application Guidelines and Requirements diligently, and ensure a hassle-free journey through the academic landscape.