UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Postgraduate Admission Form: The University of Port Harcourt’s Emerald Energy Institute is pleased to announce the commencement of the sale of postgraduate admission forms for the 2023/2024 academic session. This information is directed to all prospective candidates and the general public interested in pursuing postgraduate studies in the energy sector. Below, you will find details regarding available postgraduate courses, admission requirements, and the application process.
UNIPORT Available Graduate Programmes:
The following postgraduate programmes are currently open for application at the Emerald Energy Institute, University of Port Harcourt:
- Ph.D. Petroleum Economics
- Ph.D. Energy Economics
- M.Sc. Petroleum Economics and Policy Programme
- M.Sc. Energy Economics and Policy Programme
- Master of Petroleum Business Management
- Master of Energy Business Management
- Professional Master of Petroleum Economics (without dissertation)
- Professional Master of Energy Economics (without dissertation)
- Professional M.Sc. Petroleum Regulation and Policy (without dissertation)
- Professional M.Sc. Climate Change, Green Economy and Policy (without dissertation)
- Professional M.Sc. Energy Regulation and Policy (without dissertation)
- Professional M.Sc. nergy Policy and Management Program (No Dissertation)
- PGD Petroleum and Energy Economics
UNIPORT Admission Requirements for PGD Programme:
Candidates seeking admission into the PGD programme must :Bachelor’s degree in Sciences (Physical/Chemical), Management, Social Sciences, Geosciences, or Engineering. Holders of HND with a minimum Upper Credit may also apply. Additionally, all candidates must meet the minimum matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt.
UNIPORT Admission Requirements for Master’s Programmes:
Applicants for the Master’s programmes (M.Sc.) are required to have a minimum of Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in a relevant field in Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Law, Sciences, Geosciences, or Engineering. Applicants with a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the energy and petroleum industry may be considered. Meeting the minimum matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt is mandatory.
UNIPORT Admission Requirements for Ph.D. Programmes:
Entry into the Ph.D. programme is competitive and subject to specific criteria:
- Candidates with a B.Sc. Second Class Upper (or Lower Division with a CGPA of 3.0 and above on a 5-point scale) in Social and Management Sciences, Engineering, or Geosciences, applicants with oil and gas industry experience can apply with at least three years of experience.
- Applicants must have completed an M.Sc. degree, admission requires a relevant degree with a minimum CGPA of 4.0 on a 5-point scale.
All candidates must meet the University of Port Harcourt’s minimum graduate school matriculation requirements, in addition to the previously mentioned criteria.
Methods of Instruction and Objectives:
The curriculum at the Emerald Energy Institute is flexible and intensive, delivered in modules by University faculty and industry experts from Nigeria and abroad. Graduates of these programmes will acquire skills relevant for careers in petroleum and energy industries, government ministries, departments, parastatals responsible for managing petroleum and energy resources, as well as in banking/financial institutions, energy and petroleum policy consulting units, and academia.
- PGD programmes: 12 months of full-time, modular, intensive study. Industry/company workers can attend modular/sandwich programmes and accumulate credits for 24 months (Part time).
- Professional Master’s Programmes (Masters of Energy Economics/Energy Business Management/Petroleum Business Management/Petroleum Economics) at EEI can be completed in 18 to 24 months.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) programmes: 6 quarters of full-time intensive study or 8 quarters of modular intensive study.
- Ph.D. programme: A minimum of 12 quarters of intensive coursework after completing an M.Sc. degree from reputable institutions with a minimum CGPA of 4.00.
Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of N30,000 (Thirty Thousand Naira) to Emerald Energy Institute, UNIPORT. Completed Application Forms should be submitted online or in hard copy to the Emerald Energy Institute office by courier service. You can acquire Application Forms from the Emerald Energy Institute or download them from the website: www.eeiuniport.edu.ng.
Completed Application Forms must be returned to the Director, Emerald Energy Institute for Petroleum, Energy Economics, Policy, and Strategic Studies, University of Port Harcourt, within eight (8) weeks from the date of publications.